If you are a movie and TV shows lover, Hulu TV is the right choice for you. In this article, we will guide you on how to add Hulu to Roku.
Hulu is one of the best and only American-based platforms. Hulu provides movies and TV shows in a separate pack, live TV and on-demand content in a separate pack allowing the users to choose their preference. It features shows from HBO, Cinemax, Startz etc. With Hulu, you can access more than 80,000 TV shows and 60+ live TV channels. With a subscription, you can create up to 6 different profiles.
Roku is a digital streaming device that transforms your TV into a smart TV. Roku provides hundreds of paid and free channels. Roku comes in a variety of models that vary in features and price ranges. The price range of Roku starts from $20 and goes to $200.
Features of Hulu TV
- Hulu provides more than 60 popular live channels like CNN, Fox News, TNT, Discovery History, Disney, ACCN and ESPN etc.
- Apart from these channels it also features local channels like ABC, CBS Fox, NBC etc.
- It also provides thousands of on-demand movies and TV shows. It also features Hulu originals.
- It has the feature of DVR recording up to 50 hours. You can extend the hours by paying.
- The content can be streamed in 1080p HD quality.
- You can create up to 6 profiles with a single subscription.
Hulu Subscription Plans
Hulu provides four different subscription plans. And the subscription can be cancelled at any time.
- Hulu: $5.99 per month with a free 30-day trial.
- Hulu (no Ads): $11.99 per month with a free 30-day trial.
- Hulu + Live TV: $64.99 per month with a free 7-day trial.
- Hulu + Live TV (no Ads): $70.99 per month with a free 30-day trial.
Hulu also supports additional on-demand add-ons. Details of some of the popular add-ons and their cost is given by:
- HBO MAX $14.99 per month
- CINEMAX $9.99 per month
- SHOWTIME $10.99 per month
- STARZ $8.99 per month
Latest Hulu App vs Classic Hulu App
The Hulu app comes in two different versions: the latest Hulu app and the Classic Hulu app. The main difference between them is that the classic version only supports on-demand content. It means you can not stream live TV channels or additional add-ons on the classic version. On the other hand, the latest Hulu app can be used for all purposes.
Hulu Supported Roku Models
Latest Hulu App
- Roku 2 (model 4210X)
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- 4K Roku TV
- Roku TV
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later)
- Roku Premiere and Premiere +
- Roku Ultra
Classic Hulu App
- Roku 1 (model 2710X)
- Roku 2 (model 2720X)
- Roku LT (model 2700X)
How to Add Hulu to Roku
Connect your Roku device to your TV via HDMI cable.
Switch your TV on and select the HDMI port to launch the Roku device.
Sign in with your Roku account.
Press the home button on your remote and go to the home screen of your Roku device. Now select the option Streaming Channels.
The Roku store will open. Now select Search Channels
Search Hulu by using the on-screen keyboard with the help of the Roku remote.
Select the official Hulu app from the search results and on the next screen, click +Add Channel.
After that app will start to download and after installation, the channel will be added click OK.
Now launch the app.
Click the Login button.
Enter your Hulu account details.
Browse the content and play your required live TV or on-demand movies or TV shows.
Check Also: How to cast Facebook on Roku?
Hulu not working on Roku
If the Hulu app is not working properly on your Roku device, try following these fixes.
- Update the Hulu app to the latest version.
- Update the Roku firmware if available.
- Try reinstalling the Hulu app.
- Restart or reset the Roku device.
Can you use Hulu outside the US?
No, it is not possible to use Hulu outside the United States of America. You can not use the service outside the US using a VPN.
That was all about how to add Hulu TV to Roku and how to stream content on Hulu TV. Hulu TV contains a vast amount of content both live and on-demand. It features more than 80000 movies and TV shows and 65+ live TV channels. Still, if you have any queries regarding Hulu TV adding and streaming the content just tell us in the comment section. We appreciate your responses and try to find a solution for you. You can also tell us if you found this article helpful by writing to us. Thank you!