Paying a monthly or yearly fee to access streaming services such as Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, and others is possible using apps like these. Then there is an app Movies Anywhere, a streaming app that’s not like the others you’re used to watching. Learn more about the platform and how it differs from other streaming applications by reading the whole article.
Movies Anywhere is a subscription-based streaming service that solely provides access to films. In addition, there are no recorded TV programs or series to be found. You may see trailers for various films and then purchase the ones you want. Intriguingly, the platform connects all of your subscriptions across different streaming services under one roof.
It was formerly known as Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) and went on sale in February 2014 under that name. In October of that year, Movies Anywhere was renamed Movies Anywhere.
Features of Disney Movies Anywhere
- You can find daily discounts for lesser rates on indie movies since the price isn’t set.
- You may also buy movies using digital code redemption from DVDs.
- You can store movies on your hard drive and watch them when you want, even while you’re not connected to the internet.
- Dolby Vision and HDR10 are both supported as well as Ultra HD (4K).
- You may watch movies on four different devices at the same time with this setup.
- You can also place an order ahead of time.
- The Rotten Tomatoes and Common Sense Media reviews can be found on every movie title.
Subscription to Disney Movies Anywhere
The best part about Movies Anywhere is that it’s free to use across all platforms. Only the cost of movies to buy is necessary.
Supported Devices for Disney Movies Anywhere
- iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), require iOS 9 and above.
- Android devices (Smartphones and tablets), required Android 4 and above.
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
- Apple TV streaming device
- PCs (through the website)
How to Add Disney Movies Anywhere on Roku?
Set up your Roku device by plugging it into your TV and then pressing the Home button on your remote control.
Select the Streaming Channels menu.
Click Search Channels.
Using the on-screen keyboard, type Disney Movies Anywhere into the search field now.
Choose the Disney Movies Anywhere app from the list of suggestions that appear.
To add the Disney Movies Anywhere app, click Add channels.
Now Disney Movies Anywhere is installed on your Roku.
Also read: How to cast Facebook on Roku?
How to Activate Disney Movies Anywhere on Roku?
Launch the Disney Movies Anywhere app from the channels section on your Roku.
Select Get Code from the “choose a sign-in method” option.
Open a web browser on your mobile device or PC once you have the Activation Code.
Visit MoviesAnywhere.com/activate and login to access your Movies Anywhere account.
Click “Activate” after you’ve entered the activation code.
You should be able to browse your My Movies library on your TV in a few moments.
We’ve covered the basics of setting up and activating Disney Movies Anywhere on Roku in this article. Thanks for reading and if you have any feedback, please leave it in the comments section below.