Paramount+, originally known as CBS All Access, is an on-demand video streaming service from ViacomCBS’s. Paramount+ offers content from ViacomCBS’s brands such as CBS and CBS News as well as CBS Sports and BET. Subscribers to Paramount+ have access to tens of thousands of TV episodes available for on-demand viewing.
Many of the features of Paramount+ are the same as those found in CBS All Access, which we’ve been using on Roku for some time. As Paramount Plus is an update or rebranding by CBS All Access. You can simply access Paramount Roku by installing the app from the channel store or updating the existing CBS All Access app.
Content on Paramount Plus
- Over 30,000 episodes, 2,500 film titles, and more than 1,000 live sporting events are available, as well as 24-hour news coverage.
- A Quiet Place Part II, PAW PATROL: The Movie, and Mission: Impossible 7 are among the Paramount Pictures films coming to Paramount+ after a limited theatrical run.
- iCarly, The Real World, and Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies are among the many new original programmes coming to Paramount+ in the next two years, as projects from the Avatar, Yellowstone, Star Trek, and SpongeBob SquarePants universes.
- 7,000 episodes of kids’ material, 5,000 episodes of reality, and 6,000 episodes of comedy will be included in Paramount+’s depth of content across key categories.
- In addition to these well-known sports leagues and competitions, you can also watch the National Football League (NFL) and the Masters on the service. You can also watch PGA TOUR events, the NCAA Basketball Tournament, the NCAA Football Tournament, the SEC Basketball Tournament, and more on the service.
- CBS News, innovative series like 60 Minutes+, live broadcasts of local affiliates in more than 200 cities across the United States, and the 24-hour streaming news service CBSN are just a few options for those interested in the latest news.
Subscription Plans for Paramount Roku
Paramount Roku has two subscription plans with a free 7-day trial:
Essential: For $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year, you may stream commercial-free with Essential (the Essential plan does NOT include your local live CBS station).
Premium: (The Premium plan DOES include your local CBS station) For just $9.99/month or $99.99/year, Premium (formerly Commercial-Free – all benefits remain the same!
How to Add Paramount Plus on Roku
To begin, turn on the Roku device by pressing the power button on the remote’s home button twice.
Choose Streaming Channels from the left panel by clicking on the highlighted item.
On the following screen, select the option to search or to search for specific channels.
Enter Paramount Plus as the channel name using the on-screen keys.
To continue, choose the official Paramount Plus channel from the results list.
Add a channel by clicking the blue Add Channel button on the channel’s information page.
Wait for it to finish installing. Finally, click the OK button on the confirmation pop-up.
Alternative: Add Paramount Plus on Roku
You can add the Paramount+ channel on Roku if you have the Roku Mobile App on your Android or iOS smartphone. You must have the Paramount+ app downloaded from the Play Store or App Store in order for this to work. Then, make sure your Roku player and phone are both on the same WiFi network. Roku accounts on both devices must be the same.
Start the Roku Mobile app > then select the Channels tab > then Channel Store > then Movies & TV > and finally Add Channel from the drop-down menu that appears.
Which Roku models are compatible with Paramount+?
Roku 2/3/4, Ultra/Ultra LT/HD, Roku Stick, Roku Premiere/Premiere+, Roku TV, and Roku 4K TV all support streaming Paramount+.
Can I mirror the screen of Paramount+ to Roku?
Yes. You may mirror your Android device’s screen to your Roku with Paramount+. Roku has a feature called screen mirroring.