Roku Overheating Issues
Almost every electronic device has overheating issues. Overheating issues depend upon various factors like how frequently you use the device or the surface on which the device is placed. You may face overheating issues if you use Roku for a long period of time or if you place the device on a surface that is not suitable for heat conduction. It will reduce the life of the Roku device. In this article, we will show you how to fix these overheating issues and how to prevent the device from overheating.
Reasons of Overheating
- When the device is placed very close to your TV set.
- Placing the device in a closed case or a box.
- Using the device continuously for a long period of time.
- Exposing the device to sunlight directly.
How to know that the Roku is overheating?
- Red light Indicator
If your Roku device is overheating, you will see a red light on the front of your device without flashing. If the red light is flashing that means it receives a short supply.
- Warning Message
If your device is overheating, you will see a message on the screen saying Your device is overheating.
What is the Roku Temp check?
Temp check plays an important role in preventing your device from overheating while using the Roku device. It is nothing but an on-screen message which shows you the rise in device temperature. And when it shows that the device is overheating, you should not use the Roku device for a certain period of time.
Fix Roku Overheating Issues
By acting on the following fixes you can prevent your device from overheating.
- If the Roku device is overheating, turn off your Roku and cut off the power supply.
- Keep the Roku device in a cool place and let it cool down but make sure it is kept away from other electronic devices because electronic devices generate heat.
- After 15-20 minutes when the Roku device is completely cooled down, connect it again to the TV set and start using it.
As the HDMI cable which comes with the device is usually short in length, we recommend you to use the HDMI cable extender so that the Roku device can be kept away from the TV set.
We hope this article helped you in fixing the overheating issues of Roku. Still, if you have any confusion or any queries regarding overheating indication and overheating fixes of the Roku device, feel free to ask in the comment section. We are here to help you and guide you to find solutions to your problems. You can also tell if you found this article helpful in Roku temp check and fixing the overheating issues of the Roku device by writing to us in the comment section. We will appreciate your response.